Top 10 Recruitment Exams in 2017-18 that you can’t miss
Did you know that over 1 lakh Jobs in Government Sector will be created in 2017-18 ? Know the Top 10 Recruitment Exam, that you can’t miss
India has a population of over 1.5 billion, most of which is youth. Every year India produces thousands of unemployed engineers, doctors and other graduates. Lot of graduates are not well aware about what to take up as a future career option. Which makes India- to lag behind other developing countries. But the good news is our respected PM Mr. Narendra Damodardas Modi has come up with various ideas and action to employee the youth of our country. His ideas of- make in India, digital India and many more has given us hope for employment.
ABOUT THE RECRUITING BODIES IN INDIA
The recruitment exams in India are mainly divided into three main boards that are
1. UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION):
Head Chairperson: Deepak Gupta
This is the most sought after and esteemed board for conducting recruitment exams in India. It is central government job. It conducts various exams and every year thousands of students, working class, and many different people prepare for these examination. The difficulty level of the exams conducted by UPSC is very high but the aim of the youth is even higher. The civil service exam is most prestigious exam in our country, the popularity of this exam is such that if a person is studying too much or even preparing for any exam he gets to hear ‘IAS banna hai kay?’. This is the charisma of this exam. If you are determined to crack any exam under UPSC you have to make sure that you work hard all day all night but as they say ‘sabar ka ful meetha hota hai’.
Type of exams conducted:
• Civil Services Examination
• Indian Forest Service examination
• Engineering Services Examination
• Combined Defence Services Examination
• Combined Medical Services Examination
• Special Class Railway Apprentice
• Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination
• Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination
• Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandant) Examination.
AIMING HIGH, GOOD WORK HARD TO ACHIEVE IT TOO, because these people select only best of the best. You will be examined on the following basis for different posts.
Mental strength: You have to take written examination divided into two sections preliminary and mains. The syllabus is huge so start your preparation real quick and work strong on it.
Physical strength: The next level is the physical strength- in this level you have to have a certain height, weight, strength. They will take your measurements, check your weight, make you run etc. The difficulty level of this round is different for different posts.
Medical round: In this round they will perform a medical check-up, whether you are fit for certain post or not, are you suffering from some certain disability because they have all the right to reject you on that basis. So you better get yourself checked before going for this round.
Personal Interview: Its not over yet for getting recruited under UPSC you have to crack this hard nut too. They are going to ask you some very grilling question just to check your ability to survive the stress and your intelligence.
2. SSC (STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION)
HEAD CHAIR PERSON: Ashim Khurana, I.A.S. (Former Secretary, UPSC) joined as Chairman
The difficulty level of this exam is moderate. This too is a centre government job. It has mainly three groups (group B, group C, group D) which are further divided by different posts. They conduct variety of exams like tax inspector, sub inspector. The posts are not gazetted but are worth your time
• Group- B Graduate Level– Assistants Auditors/Jr. Accountants/Upper Division Clerks, Divisional Accountants, Inspectors of Income Tax/Central Excise, Sub-Inspectors in Central Police Organisations (CRPF, BSF, CISF, ITBP and SSB) and the CBI, Section Officer (Commercial) and Section Officer (Audit). This exam is commonly known as SSC CGL Exam
• Matric Level- Stenographer Grade `C`, Stenographer
• Grade `D`, and Lower Division Clerks Statistical Assistant, Store Keeper, Jr./Sr. Computers, Information Assistant, etc. This Exam is know as SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam OR SSC CHSL 2017
Process of selection:
• Written exam: The process is same you have to appear in the written examination. Difficulty level and syllabus is different for different posts.
• Physical test: After clearing the written exam a physical test is conducted in which they take measurements and make you run and do other physical activities etc.
• Medical: They conduct a medical check-up to see your fitness level, on which basis you reach the next round.
• Personal interview: This round is not conducted for all the post. For clerical and equivalent posts there is no interview.
3. SSB STAFF SELECTION BOARD:
HEAD CHAIR PERSON: various
There are different SSB’s for different states which conduct exam for various post every year. The difficulty level of this exam is easy to moderate. The selection is state-wise and quite similar to SSC. You can only appear for this exam from your native state.
• Teaching staff
• Tax inspector
• Medical staff
• Stenographer etc
4. SBI State Bank of India Probationary officer(p.o): State bank of India is the No. 1 public sector bank in India and has a good reputation overseas too. They pay you high, give you great career opportunities, send you on holiday to exquisite destination after every 2-3 year. Working at such place is a lot more fun. The post of P.O is for probation of 2 year. They make you work in outskirts or far flung area
5. SBI CLERK: This is one of the favourite exams of the graduates. Because of the perks SBI provide to its employee besides from high pay and less interest on loan. .The Notification for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2017 will be announced soon and Good news is that SBI will hire 5000 Clerks in 2016. IF you are willing to apply for SBI Clerk Exam 2017, then check the below given links.
6. IBPS S.O: Indian banking personnel selection is one of the most awaited exam of the year for engineering, management, law, agriculture graduates. This is a technical post equivalent to P.O. You have to prepare for four common subjects- Quantitative, English, Reasoning, General awareness and 5th subject is of your choice i.e subject in which you graduated.
7. IBPS P.O: IBPS P.O : All of you must be aware of the popularity and importance of this exam. Every year the number of applicants keeps increasing last year it was estimated around 2lakh. Subjects you have to prepare are quantitative, reasoning, English for preliminary. For mains there are 5 subjects quantitative, reasoning, English, computer knowledge, general awareness.
8. IBPS CLERK: Just like IBPS P.O, IBPS clerk is also very famous. The exam pattern is same but the difficulty level, pay structure, job responsibility, and other perks are less than the P.O
9. LIC NIC GIC: If you are not convinced with the idea of being a banker then this is your bet. Working for an insurance company is good as it feels when you insure yourself or car. By working in an insurance company your communicating and sales skills will improve. Because now you can sell anything to anyone
10. RRB RAILWAY RECRUITMENT BOARD OF INDIA: Indian railways is at No. 4th in the world for the number of recruitment it makes every year. The perks of working in railway are: railway quarters, you get to travel in ac compartment, you get to server the nation and the list goes on. Railway exams are conducted all through the year
This was a huge article on Top 10 Recruitment Exams in 2017-18, but I hope it helped you make your choices very clear. Because before aiming for anything you should know its pros and cons.
All the very best, for your future choices and career options.