- 1 Indian Administrative Services and Indian Forest Services: UPSC Recruitment Notifications out!
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for 2018
Indian Administrative Services and Indian Forest Services: UPSC Recruitment Notifications out!
The central commissioning authority for All India Services recruitment & examination conducting body for various positions in group A & B category of central services in various departments is done by the nodal agency, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The commission has been authorized by Part XIV, of the Indian constitution of all its series of commissioning authority for All India Services recruitment. If you are the one who is looking to serve the country & want to apply for central govt. jobs than need not to wait anymore UPSC has released UPSC Recruitment 2018 for Civil Services Examination, Prelims notifications. The UPSC recruitment gateway is common for the most awaited services: Indian Administrative Services(Related services) & Indian Forest Services 2018-19.
The Union public service commission will begin its online application process for its most awaited preliminary examination 2018 from 7th February 2018 for its various position in different departments, Govt. of India. It is estimated to be around 12 lakh applicants to be applying for the exam this year. Soon, the official advertisement will be going to be released by UPSC on its official website & the same in Employment Newspaper. The interested candidates will soon be able to apply online at www.upsc.gov.in
The aspirants seriously preparing for civil services Examination, for services in various departments should must go through this article in order to check the important updates and fundamental eligibility criteria for 2018 exam.
Eligibility Criteria for 2018
To be eligible for Civil Service Examination one must full fill the minimum criteria prescribed by UPSC as under-
- For Indian Administrative Services & Indian Foreign Services, a candidate must be a citizen of Indian origin.
- For all other services, the candidates must be either citizen of India OR citizen of Nepal OR citizen of Bhutan OR Tibetian refugee.
The minimum educational qualification required for the civil services exam & Indian forest services are:
- The candidates must hold a Degree from any of the govt. universities/Institutes incorporated by the Act of central or state Legislature in India etc
The candidate appearing/attempting to apply for Civil services Examination & Indian Forest Services must have attended a minimum of 21 years and maximum of 32 years. The age relaxation will be as per the govt. of India norms-
- 5 Years of relaxation for Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe
- 3 Years of maximum relaxation for Other Backward Caste (OBC candidate must fall into NCL category)
- 5 Years of relaxation to candidates domiciled in J&K during the period of 01 Jan 1980 to 31 December 1989,
- 3 Years of relaxation for candidates for Defence Services Personnel,
- 3 Years of relaxation for Ex-Servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSOs.
Number of Attempts:
The maximum numbers of attempts UPSC have permitted for the eligible candidates will be SIX attempts, subject to the candidates who fall into some relaxational category as stated in the age criteria section.
Candidates are required to pay a sum of Rs. 100/- for the preliminary exam for UPSC-recruitment (Females, SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted to pay the amount) the fee of the sum of Rs. 100 is to be paid at any branch of SBI, India or required to pay in an online mode within the prescribed deadline 6 March 2018.
Administrative Positions in Various Departments
|1||Indian Administrative Services|
|2||Indian Foreign Services|
|3||Indian Police Services|
|4||Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Services, Group ‘A’|
|5||Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’|
|6||Indian Revenue Services (Customs & Excise), Group ‘A’|
|7||Indian Revenue Services (I.T), Group ‘A’|
|8||Indian Defence Accounts, Group ‘A’|
|9||Indian Ordnance Factories Services, Group ‘A’|
|10||Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’|
|11||Indian Civil Accounts Services, Group ‘A’|
|12||Indian Railway Traffic Services, Group ‘A’|
|13||Indian Railway Accounts Services, Group ‘A’|
|14||Indian Railway Personnel Services, Group ‘A’|
|15||Indian Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’|
|16||Indian Defence Estates Services, Group ‘A’|
|17||Indian Information Service, Group ‘A’|
|18||Indian Trade Service,|
|19||Indian Corporate Law Service|
|20||Indian Armed Forces Headquarters Civil services|
|21||Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|22||Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|23||Pondicherry Civil Services, Group B|
|24||Pondicherry Civil Services, Group B|
It should be taken into consideration that this year the UPSC has opened the vacancies for only for 782 vacancies which include 32 vacancies reserved for Person with Benchmark Disability category. The vacancies made available this year seems to be very less in past 5 years or more, the rest modification solemnly depends on Cadre Controlling Authority, Govt. of India.
Exam Pattern for CSE 2018
The CSE & Indian forest Services Examination which will be going to conduct over the same day through common preliminary examination by the same nodal organization will have the following examination pattern
- Preliminary Examination
- MAINS (Subjective)
Preliminary Exam 2018
|2||200 Marks||200 Marks|
|3||0.33 % Marks Negative||0.33 % Marks Negative|
|4||Exam on same day||Exam on same day|
|5||2 Hours Duration||2 Hours Duration|
Language A- 300 Marks
Qualifying in Nature
English B-300 Marks
Qualifying in Nature
Essay Writing- 250 Marks
Can be written in Language of choice
General Studies I-250 Marks
(Indian Heritage & Culture, History & Geography of India & World)
General Studies II-250 Marks
(Constitution, Governance and Polity, Social Justice & International Relation)
General Studies III-250 Marks
(Technology, Economic Development, Bio-Diversity, Environmental, Security & Disaster Management)
General Studies IV-250 Marks
(Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude)
Optional Paper I -250 Marks
Optional Paper II-250 Marks
Previous Year Question Papers
Civil Services Exam
The previous year question papers for the Civil services examination can be viewed and downloaded from the official website upsc.gov.in
Indian Forest Services Exam
The previous year question papers for Indian Forest Services can be viewed and downloaded from the official website upsc.gov.in
Therefore the candidates must visit these previous year question in order to analyze and updates in the coming examination pattern, which will increase the chances of getting selected for further rounds. The concepts or in-depth theme used in the previous year question may make your mind to think in the way the organization frames the paper.
How to APPLY
- Candidates are supposed to read the complete detailed official notification about Civil services Examination & Indian Forest Services Exam on its official website upsconline.nic.in
- Visit the Official website upsconline.nic.in to further apply for the online application form.
- Candidates must not apply for multiple times for same applications, the Application form with the highest order of RID (Registration ID) will be considered to the final.
- The scanned copy of photograph & signature must be in ready in advance (JPEG/JPG)as per the instructions.
- The online application form will appear like the way shown above
- On completely filling up the details in an online application form, proceed to the PAYMENT gateway.
- Now one will proceed to choose the written examination center for Preliminary exam.
- After the Exam CENTER selection is done, it will be required to upload the scanned photograph & signature.
- Finally, one will be required to finally submit the application form.
- For your future reference, you may take the print out of the application form.
The article dealt with the detailed information about Civil Services Examination, Indian Forest Services Examination and different positions in the various departments of central govt. Interested candidates must check out with the latest Eligibility criteria, Exam pattern, Educational qualification, How to apply & many more…
The candidates can comment us below & can share their views as well, further stay with us at ssccgl2017online.co.in for more similar updates or any latest changes in UPSC Recruitment 2018.