- 0.1 1. SSC CGL Reasoning Syllabus & General Intelligence
- 0.2 2. SSC CGL General Awareness Syllabus (Tier-1)
- 0.3 3. SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus (Tier-1)
- 0.4 4. SSC CGL English Syllabus for Tier-1
- 0.5 SSC CGL 2018 Tier-1 Syllabus
- 1 Section Wise CGL 2018 Tier-1 Syllabus
- 2 SSC CGL 2018 Tier-2 Syllabus
- 3 SSC CGL 2018 Tier-3 (Descriptive Paper) Syllabus
- 4 Final Merit List for SSC CGL 2018 Exam
- 5 SSC CGL 2018 Tier-4 Stage
- 6 Updates ?
Candidates are you seeking for SSC CGL Syllabus 2017 ? So, from here get all the details regarding CGL Syllabus for Tier-1, Tier-2 & Tier-3.
Candidates if you are aware with SSC Exams or appear in any of SSC Exam or in SSC CGL Exam then you definitely aware with it’s craze. In the year of 2016 more than 35 Lakh of candidates were applied for this exam and It is expected that in the year of 2017 more than 40 Lakh of candidates may fill SSC CGL 2018 Application Form. Every Year increasing of appearing of candidates making this exam most competitive in India. Other Exams like Railway Exam and IBPS Exam is other most craziest exam in India.
It is easy to judge the competitiveness of SSC CGL Exam by the fact of every passing year their is consistency increasing of Cut offs. If you see last five year cut off of CGL Exam is an increase more than 30%.
Due to so much of competition this is very common to raise some questions like How much of time it requires for Preparation. And the answer is if you do serious study for six month with proper study material of SSC CGL Exam than it is enough to cracking this exam. But the most important thing during your Exam Preparation is understanding the whole SSC CGL Syllabus and choosing best book of SSC CGL Exam.
In the month of February/ March, 2017 it is expected that Notification for SSC CGL 2018 Exam is going to release. And all the tentative schedule for CGL 2017 Exam will be known as the releasing of SSC Exam Calendar 2018 Examination will be announced.
Tentative date for CGL Tier-1 2018 Exam will be held in the month of June or July 2017 so according to this you all have to start your Preparation for CGL 2018Exam.
In previous year if you appeared for CGL Exam then you all are aware with SSC CGL Changes. They made changes in Exam Pattern and Scheme of SSC CGL exam and these changes will continue for SSC CGL 2018 Exam. And the best part of these changes are all the CGL Tiers exam will conduct through Online Mode and it also known as CBT (Computer Based Test). Through this change there is more transparency and no chance for paper leakage and also candidates can get their result very quickly.
On this page we are going to talk about the Detailed SSC CGL 2018 Syllabus for all Tiers like Tier-1, Tier-2 and Tier-3. With the topic wise weightage of each and every section. So, through this you can get idea regarding all the important topics.
On this page we provide Study material for SSC CGL Exam so you can use it during your Exam Preparation. And also provide most famous books for Competitive Exam.
1. SSC CGL Reasoning Syllabus & General Intelligence
|General Mental Ability||Non-Verbal Reasoning|
|Alphabet Test||Paper Cutting & Folding|
|Arithmetic Reasoning||Figure formation & Analysis|
|Classification||Cube & Dice|
|Coding Decoding||Mirror Image|
|Distance Direction Test||Water Image|
|Logical Venn Diagram||Counting of figures|
2. SSC CGL General Awareness Syllabus (Tier-1)
|General Awareness Topics||Sub Topics|
|Current Affairs||International Affairs|
|Economy and Finance||Economics|
|Features of Indian Economy|
|Geography||Geography of India|
|History||History of India|
|Indian Polity & Constitution||Indian Polity & Constitution|
|Discoveries & Inventions|
|Space, Defence in India|
|Static GK||Honours & Awards|
|National & International Organizations|
|Art & Culture|
|Books & Authors|
3. SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus (Tier-1)
|Boat & Stream||Mensuration|
|CI & SI||Data Interpretation|
|LCM & HCF||Trigonometry|
|Mixture & Alligation||Degree and Radian Measures, Histogram|
|Pipes & Cistern||Heights and Distance|
|Problems on Ages||Histogram|
|Profit Loss & Discount||Frequency Polygon|
|Ratio Proportion||Bar Diagram & Pie Chart|
|Speed time and Work|
|Time Work & Wages|
4. SSC CGL English Syllabus for Tier-1
|Fill in the blanks||One Word Substitution||Passage|
|Error Spotting||Idoms & Phrases|
SSC CGL 2018 Tier-1 Syllabus
Candidates as you all know SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam is the first stage for all those candidates who have successfully submitted their Application form for CGL 2018 Exam, They all have to appear for Tier-1 Stage Exam.
- Tier-1 Exam is conducted through online mode i.e (CBT) Computer Based Test
- Total No. of questions for Tier-1 Exam is 100, Each and every question carrying 2 marks. Means Total No. of questions are 100 and total weightage of 200 marks and total time duration for Tier-1 Exam is 1 hrs.
- Negative Marking is applicable of 0.50 Marks for each and every wrong answer.
Syllabus : Syllabus for CGL 2018 Tier-1 Exam which comprises with total of 100 questions with having 4 sections and each and every section contain 25 questions.
- For General Intelligence and Reasoning Section (25 Questions/ 50 Marks)
- For Quantitative Aptitude Section (25 Questions/ 50 Marks)
- For English Section (25 Questions/ 50 Marks)
- For General Awareness Section (25 Questions/ 50 Marks)
Section Wise CGL 2018 Tier-1 Syllabus
In this section we will discuss about Part Wise or Section Wise syllabus for SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam, through this section you can get insights of topics that you need for preparing each and every section.
First is English Section : In this section mostly questions are asked form Comprehension, Spotting Errors, Synonyms, Antonyms, Grammar etc.
Few days ago an applicant filed an RTI to the official of SSC regarding Syllabus for English Section and SSC Replied with Topic Wise, distribution of marks for English Section which you can see through image which is jus below.
Candidates through this above image for English Section. These are the topic which is mentioned in the reply of RTI.
Second is General Intelligence and Reasoning Section : In this section you get all questions from Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning. The Best book for this section id RS Aggarwal. If you follow this book while preparing for General Intelligence and Reasoning you definitely get success in this section.
The Detailed Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning Section.
Third is Quantitative Aptitude : This Section totally relates with Maths. And the level of this section is upto 10th (Metric) Standard only. So, if you are good in maths than this section is very easy for you.
The all questions from this section belongs or designated to check the arithmetic aptitude of candidates and their knowledge regarding Numbers and it’s computation.
The Detailed Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude Section.
Forth one is General Awareness Section : Candidates this section is very mysterious and for this section there is no any defined syllabus. Which means any question asked from any where. Generally those questions which belongs to Constitution, Polity, Current Affairs, General Science etc questions are asked in this section.
Now we are going to share those topic which are most common for this section.
- Static GK : In this part questions are asked from History, Indian Polity, Culture, Geography, Scientific Research and Economics etc.
- Science : In this part questions are asked from General Science and its application which we using in our daily life. But most of questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry and Biology which is upto 10th level.
- Crap : In this part questions are asked from Current Events, Current Affairs, Person, Books and Authors, Places in News, Abbreviation etc.
The Detailed Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning Section.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier-2 Syllabus
Candidates as you all know Tier-2 is the 2nd Phase for SSC CGL Exam which means hose candidates who have qualified their Tier-1 stage they all are shortlisted for CGL Tier-2 Exam. And Tier-2 is also an online mode exam (Computer Based test).
Shortlisting crieria for CGL Tier-2 is comprises of scoring minimum marks according to Category wise cut off marks. and it is made by the officials of commission. Which means you need to score maximum marks in your SSC CGL Tier-1 cut off marks.
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern is comprises with 4 papers. And Paper-1 and Paper-2 is compulsory for all those candidates who get passed in their CGL Tier-1 Exam. And Paper-3 is for those candidates who have applied for Statistical Investigator Post and Paper-4 is for those candidates who have applied for C&AG and Asst. Audit Officer.
All 4 Papers have individual Duration of 2 hours.
- Paper-1 (Quantitative Abilities) : It comprises with 100 questions and each and every question carrying 2 marks and the overall weightage for this paper is 200 Marks and there is 0.50 Marks of negative marking is applicable for each and ever wrong answer.
- Paper-2 (English & Comprehension) : In this paper questions are asked from English Language and It comprises with 100 questions and each and every question carrying 2 marks and the overall weightage for this paper is 200 Marks and there is 0.25 Marks of negative marking is applicable for each and ever wrong answer.
- Paper-3 : It comprises with Statistics question and for only those candidates who have applied for the post of Statistical Investigator Grade II & Compiler. And total time duration for this paper is 2 hrs. And Comprises with 100 questions and carries 2 marks for each and every question. there is 0.50 Marks of negative marking is applicable for each and ever wrong answer.
- Paper-4 : It is like Paper-3 which means those applicants who have applied for C&AG and Asst. Audit Officer post they all have to appear for Paper-4 and This paper is comprises with 2 Parts.
- First Part is comprises with Finance and Accounts and carries 40 questions which carries 80 Marks (2 Marks for each and every question)
- And 2nd Part have 60 questions and questions are asked from Economics and Governance Section.
This Paper carries overall weightage of 200 Marks with 100 Questions.
There is 0.50 Marks of negative marking is applicable for each and ever wrong answer.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier-3 (Descriptive Paper) Syllabus
Those candidates who have passed their SSC CGL Tier-2 Stage they all will be called for Tier-3 Exam.
It is important to mention here that shortlisting criteria for Tier-3 is comprises marks which is obtained in Tier-1 and Tier-2. Those candidates who cross the mark of minimum qualifying marks in both Tiers and rank high in Merit List they all will be called for Tier-3 Exam.
In Previous years there is no any Tier-3 in CGL Exam, Instead of Tier-3 there were only Interview after Tier-2 Exam. But After government decision of with Interview for Group B, C and D Posts. From Now SSC decide to abolish Interview for CGL Exams.
Instead of Interview SSC added Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi to check the writing ability of candidates, from now which is must for all government jobs. In the year of 2016 SSC introduces the Descriptive Paper was introduced and conducted for SSC CGL 2016 Exam.
Exam Syllabus for Tier-3 Exam : This paper comprises with Essay Writing of 200 to 250 words and Letter or Application writing of 150 to 200 words.
- Total time duration for Descriptive Paper is 1 hrs.
- And you have to choose your language to write paper which means Hindi or English and It is worth mentioning here that other regional language is not applicable. And can mix both language if you do this you result may disqualification and Non-Evaluation of Paper.
- Minimum Qualifying marks for this paper is 33% only.
- Questions in Descriptive Paper will be on 12th Level.
Note : Tier-3 Exam is not on Computer Based Test it is Pen Paper Mode Exam.
Final Merit List for SSC CGL 2018 Exam
The Final Merit List for CGL 2018 Exam will be comprises with those marks which is obtained in Tier-1, Tier-2 and Tier-3 Exam. And Those candidates who are shortlisted in all three tiers they all will be called for 4th Tier.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier-4 Stage
Those candidates who get minimum qualifying marks which is decided by the Staff Selection Commission in all the three tiers and after that they all will be called for Tier-4.
This tier is comprises of Data Entry Skill and (CPT) Computer Proficiency Test. And those candidates who have applied for Tax Assistant Post they all have to appear for Skill Test (In Central Excise and Income Tax) and those candidates who have applied for Assistant Section officer post they all have to appear for Computer Proficiency Test.
If you want more details about Skill Test and Proficiency test than visit to the Regional Websites of SSC.
Candidates at present SSC Make no any changes neither in Exam Pattern and nor in SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus. It they do any changes wether in Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern of Syllabus than we update that change on the same page so keep visiting.
Candidate if officials of SSC releases any kind of Notification so we update that notification regarding SSC CGL 2018 Exam than we update on the same page. Check this page regularly for all updates on SSC CGL 2018 Exam Syllabus.
Candidates if any query pop in your mind than ask frequently through the comment box which is mentioned below.