- 1 RRB ALP & Technician Recruitment 2018
- 1.1 Eligibility Criteria for ALP & Technician –
- 1.1.1 Educational Qualification-
- 1.1.2 Age Criteria for ALP & Technicians-
- 1.1.3 Exam Pattern :
- 1.1.4 Recruitment Process-
- 1.1.5 First Stage CBT (Both for ALP/Technician)
- 1.1.6 Second Stage CBT (Both for ALP/Technician)
- 1.1.7 Third Stage (For ALP Candidates)
- 1.1.8 No. of Vacancies (ALP/Technician)
- 1.1.9 Examination FEE
- 1.1.10 Modes of PAYMENTs
- 1.1.11 How to APPLY
- 1.1.12 Signature & photograph Instructions
- 1.1 Eligibility Criteria for ALP & Technician –
RRB ALP & Technician Recruitment 2018
It has been long for many interested candidates, who wanted to shape their career in Indian Railways, the country’s largest rail network under the govt. of India, but need not to hold anymore.The Indian Railways have released a recruitment advertisement for 26502 vacancies in the capacities of Technician & Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) all across the country on 03.02.2018. Candidates seriously preparing for RRB ALP Technician Recruitment must go through this detailed notification in order to be updated with it latest updates ie: Eligibility criteria, Previous year questions, Exam Pattern, How to Apply, Age criteria & many more…
Indian Railways is the country’s largest and world’s 8th largest rail network, currently employed with more than 1.331 million employees over 17 zones in the country. This division provides a good opportunity for the 26502 vacancies which will be a computer-based test (CBT) conducted by RRB (Railway recruitment board) for all its zones. The vacancies subdivision to railways RRBs has been shown in tabular representation.
Eligibility Criteria for ALP & Technician –
The applicants applying for the post of ALP & Technician must have minimum Educational/Technical qualification as per the shown below table form a govt. recognized institutes/Universities.
Note: Candidates with awaited results in the final year are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
|Engineering Discipline (Degree/Diploma)||
Relevant Trade for PART-B Qualifying Test
Electrical engineering & the combination with various Electrical disciplines
Electrician / Conditioning Mechanic/ /Wiremen /Winder(Armature) / Instrument Mechanic / Refrigeration and Air.
|Electronics engineering & the combination of various Electronics disciplines||
Mechanic Radio & TV /Electronics Mechanic
Mechanical engineering & the combination with various Mechanical disciplines
Fitter / Mechanic Motor Vehicle / Maintenance Mechanic/ Turner / Machinist / Heat Engine / Millwright Maintenance Mechanic/ Mechanic Diesel/ Tractor Mechanic/ Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
Automobile engineering & the combination of various Automobile disciplines
Mechanic Motor Vehicle / Tractor Mechanic / Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic/ Heat Engine/ Mechanic Diesel
HSC(10+2) with Physics and Maths
Electronics Mechanic / Wireman/ Electrician
Age Criteria for ALP & Technicians-
The age criteria for the above position in Indian railways as on 0.07.2018 is 18 years- 28 years, for the detailed split subcategories, follow the table below:
Exam Pattern :
The examination for the post of ALP & Technician will be conducted in 2 stages:
- First Stage CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Second Stage CBT (Computer Based Test)
In addition to the above two CBT, the candidates have to undergo Computer-based Aptitude test for those who want to apply for ALP Position. Candidates can choose only one RRB and accordingly have to indicate their preferences. The shortlisting for the second round is merely on the basis of marks qualified in the 1st round of CBT, the minimum cut off marks have to be qualified in order to get a call for further CBT round. This minimum cutoff marks will be decided by the chosen RRBs.
Note: It should be noted that the CBT (First & Second round CBT) questions carry the negative marks. The 1/3rd marks will be deducted of that question if attempted wrongly.
Note: It will be solemnly the responsible of the candidates to verify their eligibility criteria against their position applied.
Note: The dates of the examination will be announced on the official websites of respective participating RRB websites. The e-Admit cards for the CBT can be downloaded from any of the RRB.
- The recruitment for ALP & Technician will be latently made through the single online computer Based Test process conducted nation wise by respected participating RRBs.
- The entire CBT will be conducted in different rounds: First CBT round, Second CBT round, Computer Aptitude Test and Document verification process.
First Stage CBT (Both for ALP/Technician)
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- No. of Questions: 100
- The First round of CBT is purely screening in nature, this round of test is conducted to filter the qualified and eligible candidate for the next round of CBT (Second round and further), thus it becomes necessary to qualify this with the minimum cutoff marks prescribed by the respective RRBs.
|· Pipes & Cistern
· Calendar & Clock
· Age Calculations
· Square Root
· Elementary Statistics
· Geometry and Trigonometry
· Profit and Loss
· Simple and Compound Interest
· Time and Distance
· Time and Work
· Number system
· LCM & HCF
· Ratio and Proportion
General Intelligence & Reasoning
|· Alphabetical and Number Series
· Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
· Conclusions and decision making
· Analytical reasoning
· Coding and Decoding
· Mathematical operations
· SET & Relationships
· Similarities and differences
· Statement – Arguments
· Directions Sense
· Venn Diagram
· Analogies etc.
· Geometric figures
· Symbolic Representation
· Mass Weight and Density
· Work Power and Energy
· Speed and Velocity
· Basic Electricity & Magnetism
· Levers and Simple Machines
· Occupational Safety and Health
· Heat and Temperature
· Engineering Drawing
· Environment Education
· IT Literacy etc
General Awareness/Current Awareness
|· Science & Technology
· Awards & honors
· Related to Indian railways
Second Stage CBT (Both for ALP/Technician)
- Duration: 60 Minutes
- No. of Questions: 75
- Qualifying Marks: 35%
- This part of the selection process is simply qualifying in nature directed by the Director General of Employment & Training (DGET). Those candidates having the qualification of Degree, Diploma, and HSC applying for the post of ALP have to select the relevant trade against their education qualification disciplines. The detailed syllabus can be downloaded from DGET Syllabus.
Third Stage (For ALP Candidates)
- The candidates after qualifying the above 2 Rounds will be allowed to appear for the Computer Aptitude Test for the test of computer basics and it proper under understanding. It will be allowed to sit only if the visibility criteria will be satisfied as per the prescribed format in official notification
No. of Vacancies (ALP/Technician)
The number of vacancies in details and its subcategories can be viewed from the table below:
The examination fee for the recruitment of ALP & Technicians are –
Candidates belonging to General Categories
Candidates belonging to SC/SC/PwD/Transgender/EBC/Minorities Categories
Modes of PAYMENTs
- ONLINE Mode of Payment can be done after completely filling the online application form
- Offline Mode of Payment: Through SBI BANK Challan, Closure Date-05.03.2018 at 13.00 Hrs in any SBI Branch
How to APPLY
- Click on the Online application Link on its official website of RRBs
- Confirm your reading of official notification for the process
- Click on the Online apply link to ALP & Technician and fill the application form
- The Personal details must be correct to your knowledge
- The pic & signature must be ready as per the notification and the size advised.
- After the completion of the application fee proceed for the PAYMENT process either OFFLINE/OFFLine mode.
Signature & photograph Instructions
- Coloured passport photograph with a light background.
- A 35mmX45mm with name & date written on it.
- It must be in JPG/JPEG Format in 100DPI.
- The size of photograph should be in 15-40 Kb
- The size of photograph should be up to 20 Kb
The article was all about the ALP & Technician recruitment process, the detailed official notification review and related information, for any more queries/doubt related to the above recruitment comment below & stay tuned with us at ssccgl2017online.co.in for more updates.